BCAA's Optional Auto insurance policy helps you protect yourself and your car, beyond what Basic Autoplan provides.
- Collision: covers damage to your own vehicle as a result of impact with another vehicle, person or object.
- Comprehensive: covers damage to your vehicle caused by something other than collision, such as fire, theft, glass or vandalism.
- Excess Third-Party Liability: covers you when you are deemed responsible for injury to a third party or damage to their property. Varying limits of liability are available. BCAA recommends vehicle owners purchase a minimum of $3 million.
- Deductibles: when you buy Collision and Comprehensive you have to choose a deductible. The deductible is the amount you will pay before your insurance kicks in. For instance, on an insurance policy with a $200 deductible, you pay the first $200 on any claim you make. The insurance company is responsible for the remainder of the repairs within the policy limits. The higher the deductible you choose, the lower the premium.
All policies include
- One accident forgiveness: no penalty or loss of discount after one accident in a six year period.
- No limit on coverage: for permanently attached sound equipment.
- Guaranteed repairs: for as long as you own your vehicle when repairs are completed at a BCAA Approved Auto Repair facility.
- Locks re-keyed: if your keys are stolen (up to $1500 in coverage with no deductible).
- Coverage for your pet: reimbursement up to $750 for veterinary expenses if your pet is injured in a collision while travelling in your vehicle.
- Preferred Driver Package: includes Rental Vehicle Coverage, Enhanced Loss of Use Coverage and Travel Benefits.
- Personal Property Coverage: $500 coverage to repair or replace personal contents stolen from your vehicle (does not include items that are permanently attached to your vehicle).
- No Deductible Glass: provides glass and windshield replacement with no deductible.
- Smash and Grab Bundle: combines Personal Property Coverage and No Deductible Glass for one low annual rate.
- Evenings and Weekends Coverage: provides a discount on Collision premiums for people who do not use their vehicle to commute to work during the day.
- Anti-Theft Device Discount: save 5% on your Comprehensive premium for having a qualified anti-theft device.
- BCAA Membership Discount: save up to 10% just for being a BCAA Member.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC): save 5% on your Collision premium if your vehicle is equipped with ESC.
- Fuel Efficient Discount: 5% discount on premiums for drivers of recognized fuel efficient vehicles as determined by Natural Resources Canada.
- Multi-Line Discount: save up to $40 annually when you buy both Advantage Home and Advantage Auto Insurance.
- Multi-Vehicle Discount: save 10% on your premiums when you insure two or more vehicles with BCAA Advantage Auto.
Who is eligible?
- If you have been licensed for at least four years with no at-fault accidents, you can purchase BCAA Advantage Auto Optional coverage.