Who is this plan for?
If your family travels outside the province together or separately, three or more times a year, this plan may be the most flexible and economical option.
What does the plan include?
- $10,000,000 CAD in comprehensive emergency excess hospital/medical insurance, anywhere in the world
- $200,000 CAD optional coverage for people who have unstable pre-existing medical conditions
- Your choice of emergency medical provider
- Toll-free emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to 450 assistance offices worldwide
- Option to purchase additional coverages
What are the eligibility requirements?
- All individuals under the policy are Canadian residents
- You purchase the plan while in B.C.
- You are not travelling against a physician's advice
- You have not been diagnosed with a terminal condition
Find out more about eligibility requirements, see policy wording (PDF).
Who can be included in a family plan?
- Two or more immediate family members
- Limit of two adults (59 years of age and younger) per policy (for families of less than three people, individual policies are sometimes more economical)
- Family members don't need to travel together
If you have a family member that is 60 years of age or older, you may wish to purchase an individual travel insurance policy.
What geographical areas are we covered in?
For even more flexibility throughout the year, the multi trip plan includes worldwide coverage.
What if we have already departed for our trip?
If you have already left B.C., coverage may still be available. To inquire, see Managing your policy page for contact information.