Who is this plan for?
If your family travels outside B.C. together or separately, once or twice a year, this plan is the simplest and most economical option.
What does the plan include?
- $10,000,000 CAD in comprehensive emergency excess hospital/medical insurance
- $200,000 CAD optional coverage for people who have unstable pre-existing medical conditions
- Your choice of emergency medical provider
- Toll-free emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to 450 assistance offices worldwide
- Option to purchase additional coverages
What are the eligibility requirements?
- All individuals under the policy are Canadian residents
- You purchase the plan while in B.C.
- You are not travelling against a physician's advice
- You have not been diagnosed with a terminal condition
Find out more about eligibility requirements, see policy wording (PDF).
Who can be included in a family plan?
- Two or more family members
- Limit of two adults (59 years of age and younger) per policy (for families of less than three people, individual policies are sometimes more economical)
- Family members do not need to reside in the same household or travel together
What countries are we covered in?
Depending on where you are travelling, you can choose:
- Worldwide excluding USA (coverage is limited to travel outside the USA except for transit through or stopovers in the USA of up to five days.)
- Within Canada
What if we have already departed for our trip?
If you have already left B.C., coverage may still be available. To inquire, see Managing your policy page for contact information.