Who is this plan for?
If you are an individual who travels outside B.C. three or more times a year, this plan offers the most flexibility.
How does it work?
Simply select the maximum number of days you plan to be away on any one trip. You’re then covered for as many trips as you take throughout the year.
What does the plan include?
- $10,000,000 CAD in comprehensive emergency excess hospital/medical insurance coverage, anywhere in the world
- $200,000 CAD optional coverage for people who have unstable pre-existing medical conditions
- Your choice of emergency medical provider
- Toll-free emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to 450 assistance offices worldwide
- Option to purchase Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption/Trip Disruption Insurance
What geographical areas am I covered in?
For even more flexibility throughout the year, the multi trip plan includes worldwide coverage.
You are eligible if:
- You are a Canadian resident
- You purchase the plan while in B.C.
- You aren't travelling against a physician's advice
- You haven't been diagnosed with a terminal condition
Find out more about eligibility requirements, see policy wording (PDF).
What if I have already departed for my trip?
If you have already left B.C., coverage may still be available. Please call for more information (see Managing your policy for international phone numbers).
Can I be insured if I'm 60 years of age or older?
Yes. You may need to complete a medical health questionnaire. If you're unsure how to answer these questions, please print a copy and discuss it with your physician.