Who is this plan for?
If you are an individual who travels outside B.C. once or twice a year, this plan could be the simplest and most economical option.
For individuals who are 60 years of age and older, you may need to complete a medical health questionnaire. If you're unsure how to answer these questions, please print a copy and discuss it with your physician.
What does the plan include?
- Comprehensive $10,000,000 CAD in emergency excess hospital/medical insurance coverage
- $200,000 CAD optional coverage for people who have unstable pre-existing medical conditions
- Your choice of emergency medical provider
- Toll-free emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to 450 assistance offices worldwide
- Option to purchase additional overages to meet your needs
What are the eligibility requirements?
- You are a Canadian resident
- You purchase the plan while in B.C.
- You aren't travelling against a physician's advice
- You haven't been diagnosed with a terminal condition
Find out more about eligibility requirements, see policy wording PDF).
What countries am I covered in?
Depending on where you are travelling, you can choose:
- Worldwide excluding USA (coverage is limited to travel outside the USA except for transit through or stopovers in the USA of up to five days)
- Within Canada
What if I have already departed for my trip?
If you have already left B.C., coverage may still be available. To inquire, see the Manage your policy page for contact information.