British Columbia Automobile Association
- The name of the Society is “British Columbia Automobile Association”.
- The purposes of the Society are:
- to build mutually beneficial relationships with its members.
- to advocate for:
- safe and responsible motor vehicle use
- safe, efficient and well-maintained road and highway infrastructure
- rational legislation and fair taxation relating to the ownership and operation of motor vehicles
- choice among and mutual regard for all modes of personal transportation including private motor vehicles, public transit, cycling and walking
- environmentally responsible motor vehicle use, and the advancement of low or zero-emission vehicles
- other matters of interest or benefit to our members.
- to provide members and members of affiliated organizations with emergency road services, road travel guidance and other such membership services as the Directors of the Society shall from time to time determine.
- to procure and/or arrange for the procuring of insurance, travel, and other products and services for the benefit of members.
- to enter into affiliations and make acquisitions or other arrangements that are deemed by the Directors of the Society to be in the current and future best interests of the Society and its members.
- to educate motor vehicle operators and the general public in the principles of traffic safety;
- to develop and promote publications in the interests of the Society and its members; and
- to do all such things as are incidental to, or conducive to, the attainment of the above purposes.
March 29, 2007
Download BCAA’s Bylaws (PDF)