The 2018 Holiday Shopping Guide from BCAA
Get ahead with these BCAA shopping tips and saving tricks
With so many of us scrambling and spending more money to prepare for gift giving, family gatherings and parties, it can sometimes feel like “happy holidays!” has turned into “hectic holidays!”
But, the season doesn’t have to be hectic and expensive. In this BCAA 2018 Holiday Shopping Guide, we worked with our top partners (brands you love) to come up with great ideas and easy tips to help you prepare for the holidays—all while saving money. In fact, as a BCAA Member you can save up to 30% this holiday season!
Bonus tip! We also included ideas on ways you can relax and enjoy the happy memories you’ll be making this holiday season.
Add to their wardrobe
Clothing and fashion are fun gifts and leave a lot of room for creativity. Shops like Reitmans or RW&CO. where Members save 10% in-store have great ideas for casual or dressed up looks. Here’s what Reitmans says to consider when tracking down that fashion piece for your special someone:
- Combine items to make clever combos like a sweater and a pair of socks or a shirt and earrings or a belt.
- Look for garments with extra details, prints, and textures that can make something ordinary look special.
- Clothes made out of 100% cotton or are machine-washable are good-quality pieces and easy to maintain.
- Don’t bypass the accessories section. Fashion rings, necklaces and bracelets, along with belts and a money clip may be small but they can make a big impact on an outfit.
- Pay attention to what’s on the mannequin or in the photo of a retailer’s fashion model to get ideas for what goes well with what. Many fashion retailers also curate collections for gift giving.
Not sure of their size? Technology fits everyone
Tech gifts are not just for tech heads. According to The Source, technology can be great gifts for all walks of life. Visit their stores or go online to see the latest trends in technology. Here are some of their suggestions for electronics that can suit different people and their passions:
- Athletes. Think wireless headsets or even Bluetooth® earbuds or hat.
- Adventurers. A GoPro gives them a chance to record their exciting activities or the exotic places they visit.
- Book worms. Many avid readers enjoy toting their novels on a tablet or Kindle and love the fact that they can store more books in one place than what can fit on an entire book shelf.
- Members save up to 20% at The Source. Just present your BCAA Membership card in-store or shop online and start saving!*
Gift an experience they won’t forget
Entertainment experiences are creative presents that can give the receiver something to look forward to doing with their friends and family. Here are some ideas of fun events and activities you can give and how you save with your Membership:
- Hockey games can be thrilling and sometimes nail-biting! Right now, you can save up to 30% on select Canucks games and 25% on WHL tickets.
- Movie tickets make for a great stocking stuffer or give them a full entertainment package. Members save up to 30% on movie experience packages at Landmark Cinemas, complete with popcorn and drinks.
Find more gift ideas at the Vancouver Christmas Market
See what’s at the Vancouver Christmas Market from November 21 to December 24, 2018. And, to help you get through the lineups quickly, BCAA Members get a Free Fast Pass ($5 value) with each purchased ticket. A Fast Pass gets you fast lane access at both the market entrance and the carousel.
Find your perfect holiday look
There are ways to up your glam game without upping your bill. It’s more about the total look than it is about expensive signature garments. Here are tips from the fashion forward experts at RW&CO. that will help you turn heads with a red-carpet-worthy look. And to make things even merrier, BCAA Members save 10% in-store at RW&CO. on the last ticketed price which means extra savings on sale items.
Tips for ladies
- The skirt is back. Mini, maxi, pleated, plaid or velvet, skirts can give a stunning look. Mix it with a cozy sweater for the look of the season or wear an oversized sweater over your cocktail dress to create the same look.
- Dressy jumpsuits or statement blazers. These creative pieces can do the same work as a stunning dress.
Tips for gents
- Play with different textures. Use touches of shiny or velvet, or both to add that special something to your look.
- Play with holiday colours. You don’t have to stick to black for a dressed up look. Red and white is a magnificent nod to the candy cane or gift wrapping.
Hosting at home
Wow your guests with smart home decorating
Transforming your home into the spirit of the season can be done on a dime. Subtle décor around the house can make a huge difference. Here are tips from décor experts at Bouclair or check out their in-store displays for great thought-starters where Members save an extra (mmmhmm, extra!) 5% on your total in-store or online purchases.
- Sparkle and shine. Opt for shiny metallic which you’ll also be able to reuse year-round. Chic champagne hues pair merrily and can round out a sophisticated yet playful colour palette
- Down-to-earth. Bring nature indoors with decorative fir branches or home accessories with wooden accents. Highlight natural woods by pairing them with crisp whites.
- Ethereal vibes. Get inspired by the shimmer of the snow on a quiet winter night and select a soothing palette of pure whites and deep blues, combined with glass and birch tree bark.
- Iconic hues. Go bold with home décor in a true red used liberally around the house and pair it with black or white. Embrace the lumberjack trend and find great plaids or use hints of faux fur for that holiday cabin look.
Bonus tips! Manage your stress
It’s easy to get carried away during the holidays with commitments and family gatherings. Remember to take a few moments to give your physical and mental wellness a little TLC.
Opt for a short getaway to Whistler and de-stress at the Scandinave Spa where you can embrace the silence, disconnect from Wi-Fi and connect with the serene environment. Members save 15% on Scandinave Spa’s renowned hot and cold baths and 10% on massage service with bath access.
While at home, you can still create a relaxing environment using these tips from experts at Escents and Scandinave Spa:
- Leverage the power of essential oils to relax and boost immunity such as lavender and eucalyptus. Speak to a representative at Escents beforehand to learn about the effects essential oils may have on young children or pets.
- Use a diffuser such as the ones found at Escents which can purify the air. Members save 10% on regularly priced online and in-store fine aromatherapy products.
- Place indoor plants around your home to give you the sense of the outdoors. Plants can also cleanse the air as well as brighten your mood.
Offset holiday costs with your BCAA Membership
From gift giving to party going to party hosting, there are many ways your BCAA Membership can help get you ahead. Find even more great holiday savings partners at bcaa.com/holidays. If you’re not a Member, join today and get a free $15 Petro-Canada™ Gift Card—it’s our gift to you!
*Offers subject to change, some conditions or restrictions may apply. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.