Skip to main content

Condo or Townhouse Insurance

Protect your investment and what's inside

Condo and townhouse owners have special insurance needs, compared to traditional detached homes. For example, your strata only covers damage to the building, not your belongings inside your unit. That's why our expert insurance advisors take the time to get to know you and your investment better. We help you find the right coverage for your property and your belongings. Plus, BCAA Members can save up to 20%.

Key Features

Fire and Smoke
Fire and Smoke

Coverage for your personal belongings in case they are damaged or destroyed in a fire.

Crime and Vandalism icon
Crime and Vandalism

Your favourite belongings are in your home. Make sure you're covered if anything is damaged or taken from your home due to theft, or stolen anywhere in the world.

Personal Liability
Personal Liability

Personal liability provides coverage for accidental damage or injury you cause anywhere in the world.

Water Damage
Water Damage

You're covered for things like if a pipe bursts under your sink, or if water suddenly escapes your washing machine destroying your hardwood floors.

tools icon
Building Improvements

Don’t let your handy work go to waste. This protects improvements you’ve made to your home, such as customized counter tops.

Strata Coverages

Protection to offset costs assessed to you by your strata for their deductible or for repairs to the building, common area, or for a liability assessment.

building icon
Additional Living Expenses

When you’re out of your home due to a claim, your extra expenses are covered. We have options to increase your limit to fit your needs. 

leaking pipe icon
Strata Unit Protection

Cover yourself if your Strata can’t. This coverage is for loss or damage to your unit if your Strata’s insurance is inadequate or if their policy doesn't respond. 

Optional Extras

Earthquake icon
Earthquake Coverage

With over 1,200 earthquakes every year in BC, whether it's a tremor or when the big one hits, you'll want to protect your home and your belongings.

increased assessment
Increased Strata Coverages

Although our condo and townhome insurance policies include coverage for strata liability, deductible and property damage assessment, you might need to increase your coverage based on your strata insurance policy. We’ll ensure you are fully protected.

Roof Guard
Extended Water Coverages 

Protect your home from damage caused by external drains, water that enters your home through an opening in the roof, around windows and skylights, overflow of fresh water and accumulation of surface water.

Short Term Rental Coverage

Renting your home can be a great way to generate some extra income from your property, but it’s important to be aware of the risks and ensure you have adequate coverage.

BCAA, in association with CAA, was ranked the #1 Most Trusted Insurance Brand in Canada by the 2022 Gustavson Brand Trust Index.
*From 2019 to 2020, BCAA paid out on average 95% of home insurance claims related to fire, water, weather and theft. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Home Insurance is sold through B.C.A.A. Holdings Ltd. dba BCAA Insurance Agency, a licensed insurance agency, and underwritten by BCAA Insurance Corporation.