BCAA Child Passenger Safety Educator II Course
The BCAA Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Educator II (technician) course is a blend of self-learning and hands-on training. Students are required to complete the first day material through self-study which includes studying course units and completing a final exam based on these materials. The second day is delivered face-to-face, consisting of a full day of hands-on exercises and skills evaluation.
What you will learn during the course
- BC child seat laws
- how to harness the child in the seat
- how to install the child seat into the vehicle
- how to choose the correct child seat
- problem solving skills
What you will be able to do after completing the course
- conduct child seat checks
- deliver workshops to agencies who transport children
- deliver workshops to staff who work with parents
- deliver information sessions to parents and caregivers
This course is free of charge, and requires you to invest 8 hours of self-study, 8 hours of hands-on-training. At the end of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
Current course dates and locations
We're sorry, at this time, there are no courses available.
Want to host your own educator course?
If you have any questions or are interested in hosting a Child Passenger Safety Educator II Course in your community, please contact Marg Deibert:
BCAA Child Passenger Safety Program