Teacher’s Toolkit Coverage
It’s hereby agreed your coverage for tools and instruments used for business (188.8.131.52i) are increased to $10,000 (from $5,000) and that your insurance remains in full force while using your home for teaching.
You also have coverage for:
- Zero deductible glass coverage
- Identity theft coverage ($25,000 limit)
all as fully described in your policy.
You’re also covered for:
- Liability coverage ($2,000,000 limit)
- Build Green coverage as follows:
- We'll pay up to a maximum of $30,000 for this coverage under 1), for additional costs to repair, replace or upgrade existing property damaged as a result of an insured peril of this policy to a standard equivalent to or greater than the *EnerGuide Rating of 80, or for furnaces and appliances to the **ENERGY STAR® specification. Replacement will be for items of equivalent kind to the ones damaged and not to purchase different products or systems that did not exist before the loss.
- In the event of a constructive total loss of the home insured, we'll pay up to a maximum of $30,000 for this coverage under 2):
- for additional costs to rebuild your building to meet an *EnerGuide Rating of 80;
- for products and appliances to the **ENERGY STAR® specification;
- for certified low flow toilets.
- Replacement is not limited to items of equivalent kind and upgrades are permissible under 2).
The maximum aggregate payable under this Build Green coverage is $30,000.
*The Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE) within Natural Resources Canada runs the EnerGuide program. EnerGuide is a rating out of 100 that measures the energy efficiency of your home.
**The ENERGY STAR® name and symbol is administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and is registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
What's not covered
We don't pay any amounts under Coverage 1) for the purchase of items or systems that you didn't have prior to the loss.
The policy deductible applies to all losses under this Build Green coverage.
We'll pay only the amount by which the loss or damage insured exceeds the deductible stated on the declaration page unless the deductible is changed within the extra coverage(s) listed above, in any one occurrence.
All other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of the policy continue to apply.