Love from a distance for Mom
If your mom lives far away or you’re looking for ways to show your love while practicing physical distancing, consider some contact-free ways to make mom’s day:
- Rekindled your passion for baking? Drop off some special homemade goodies.
- Dinner’s on you: order up mom’s favourite and have it delivered or drop off one of your own creations. BCAA Members save 10% on online orders at Harvey’s, Swiss Chalet, or Montana’s.
- Send mom a personal letter or thank you note with your most-treasured shared memories. Or make a handmade card using recycled paper and show the planet some love too.
- Get creative – perform a poem or song via video or in-person from 6ft away.
- Send a digital photo album or movie creation using photos or videos you’ve saved.
- Send flowers! Check out the beautiful creations by Teleflora, all of which can be delivered. BCAA Members save 25% and earn 5% in CAA Dollars®.
Love at home for Mom
Staying close to home doesn’t need to mean a lack-lustre Mother’s Day. Make your time together count with some fun ways to celebrate at home or in your local community:
- Whip up a classic brunch with all mom’s favourites.
- Play her favourite game as a family and celebrate extra big when she wins!
- Give her space – to read, watch her shows, or take a long soaker bath.
- Pamper mom with what she loves – stock up on face masks, foot rubs and other fun goodies (Members earn up to 5% in CAA Dollars at Sephora).
- Plan a mom’s choice movie night and make sure you’ve got all her favourite snacks.
- Don’t forget the clean-up - do mom’s share of the chores.
- Give the gift of a COVID-safe activity: many venues around the province allow limited numbers of visitors through their doors. It’s an excellent opportunity to get out of the house and support your local art gallery, museum or education centre.
Pampering Mom with gifts
Thoughtful gifts will never go out of style! So, if you’re looking for something extra special for mom, here are some ideas:
- Show some local love by ordering gifts from her favourite local stores. Purchase with purpose from BC-based retailers like Giving Gifts, or check out this list to find a unique gift that makes a positive impact.
- Citrus, lavender or Bergamot? Choose some of mom’s favourite aromatherapy oils or products from Escents Aromatherapy, where Members save 10% online.
- Is mom looking for some new reads, a comfy throw or a new notebook? BCAA Members earn up to 5% in CAA Dollars at Indigo, where you can find a variety of gift ideas.