Slowing Down School Zones
BCAA School Safety Patrol
The BCAA School Safety Patrol program has all the necessary safety patrol equipment, student resources and training materials to get you up and running – free of charge. Take heart knowing we’ve carefully considered and vetted the provided equipment and materials. COVID-19 Safety Guidelines are available to ensure the safe operation of the program for Supervisors, Patrollers and pedestrians.
For free registration to the BCAA School Safety Patrol Program, your elementary school must have:
- a designated administrator or teacher to coordinate the program
- a legal, marked crosswalk
- a single crosswalk (not multiple crosswalks on a 3 or 4-way intersection)
- a crosswalk within a reasonable proximity to the school
- an unobstructed crosswalk with clear sightlines for pedestrians and drivers
- a crosswalk that is located within a 30 km/hour school zone
Returning schools to the program will receive a package with student resources and whistles, while new schools receive a starter package (for 30 student patrollers and 1 crosswalk) once your registration has been confirmed.
To register, renew or order additional equipment for your school, fill out the relevant form through one of the green buttons at the top right of this page.
Offering expert advice, useful articles, inspiring stories and simple tips to help you navigate life’s many roads.