Take the Lead on Playing Safely
You are a superstar. No seriously, in the eyes of your kids you’re bigger than any Hollywood celebrity, cooler than any pro athlete and occasionally funnier than any cartoon character. So when it comes to playing safely, you’re always leading by example.
- Show children not to play near the street and make sure they’re supervised when playing outside
- Teach your kids to ask an adult for help retrieving toys that roll into the street or driveway.
- Make helmets mandatory for everyone. Kids need to wear them on tricycles, bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, or ride-on toys. For added safety, add lights and reflectors
- Dress your kids in bright, reflective clothing, so they can be seen in the dark
- Show your children how to cross the street at an intersection, especially ones with marked crosswalks or crossing lights. Teach them about looking both ways and making eye contact with drivers before crossing
- Remind and demonstrate to your kids to never cross the street between parked cars
Become an even bigger superstar for your kids. Just show your membership card at your local BCAA Service Location* to get a free Slow Down, Kids Playing sign. Available while supplies last and limit one sign per Member per visit.