5 things you need to know about car insurance in BC
If you drive a car in BC, you’ve purchased car insurance from ICBC. But do you know the difference between mandatory and optional car insurance coverage? If you don’t, you could be missing out on valuable savings and superior coverage! As a BC driver, here are 5 things you need to know about car insurance.
1. ICBC Basic Autoplan insurance is mandatory for all drivers in BC. It helps ensure that you and all British Columbians who own and drive a motor vehicle here are protected with a basic level of coverage.
2. You can choose to buy additional optional coverage offered by ICBC and other private insurers, like BCAA. Most people choose to get coverage beyond ICBC Basic Autoplan for complete protection and peace of mind.
3. At BCAA get your mandatory ICBC, plus choices for additional coverage. Our trusted experts take the time to get to know you better and then recommend the best customized coverage.
4. Save more with BCAA Optional Car Insurance and get access to valuable discounts.
- BCAA Members save 10%
- Multi-product discounts for Members with Home and Car insurance
- Multi-vehicle discounts: save 10% off each vehicle
- Preferred driver discount
- Fuel efficient vehicle discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- And more
5. Get unique coverage benefits with BCAA Optional Car Insurance.
- Free one accident forgiveness
- Free windshield chip repairs
- Free family pet protection
- Lower deductibles
- Smash and grab coverage
- And more
There you have it, we’ve covered the basics of car insurance in BC. To learn more about BCAA Optional Car Insurance or get a quote go to bcaa.com/carinsurance, call 1.888.268.2222 or visit one of our many Service Locations across BC.