Get sweet savings on Valentine’s Day gift ideas
Whether you're true romantics, perfectly practical or activity junkies, here are some Valentine's gift ideas to create all the feels.
Gifts they can unwrap
- Extra bling: Both men and women can appreciate jewellery. Even if they already have a similar piece, they may love another one in a different style. Retailers like Paris Jewellers may also carry special Valentine’s Day pieces or curated sets. Bonus! BCAA Members can save 25% on all in-stock jewellery and 10% on custom design and special orders.
- Fashion hits: Find pieces that have special features such as being made of velvet or silk or have a unique pattern or print. BCAA Member can save 10% in-store at shops like RW&CO. and Reitmans which have great ideas for casual or dressed up looks. Members can also receive up to 5% back in CAA Dollars® when shopping online at Joe Fresh, Bench, Roots, Forever 21, Lacoste and many other online rewards partners.
- Tech gear: We all use technology everyday so headphones, speakers, a camera or even a portable disk drive can go a long way as a Valentine’s Day gift. Find cool ideas at The Source where Members save up to 20% by showing your Membership card in-store. Specialty shops like Canon or Henry’s are also great places to find quality equipment and earn CAA Dollars® by shopping online.
- Sports equipment: Whether they’re an avid athlete or hobbyist, your active loved one will get a lot out of new sports accessories, clothing or gear. Members can earn up to 6% back in CAA Dollars® at shops like Golf Town, Puma and Altitude Sports.
Gifts they can experience
- Major sports games: Watching a game in-person can be electrifying! As a BCAA Member, shop online to score great tickets and save up to 30% on select Canucks games, 25% on WHL tickets and over 30% on Vancouver Whitecaps FC (online purchases only).
- Vancouver International Auto Show (March 19-24, 2019): This thrilling event is one of Western North America’s premier automotive exhibitions. See the latest and upcoming in automotive technology and get a chance to sit in the driver’s seat of some of the world’s most elite cars. Members save 35% on admission on all ticket categories (including Family Passes) when purchasing tickets online.
- Plan a trip: There are beautiful spots throughout BC that make for amazing vacations. BCAA Members can save 10% on flights to areas such as Kelowna, Victoria, Tofino and Vancouver with Pacific Coastal Airlines and save 5% to 15% at Best Western Hotels & Resorts.
- Round of golf: Give them something to look forward to once “tee off” season starts. Save on 10% on green fees at GolfBC courses such as Nicklaus North, Mayfair Lakes, Olympic View, Arbutus Ridge, Gallagher's Canyon and Okanagan Golf Club.
Gifts of the unconventional kind
- Car care: Taking your special someone’s car to a BCAA Auto Service Centre for maintenance would be much appreciated. BCAA Members can come in for any oil change package, get a free car wash AND a $10 Petro-Canada™ gift card. Just think about the big smile you’ll see when you return their car clean, shiny and in top shape.
- Rack their ride: If your loved one is active, hauling camping gear, ski or snowboards or a bike, they may love a roof rack for their car. Rack Attack is North America's premier retailer of vehicle rack solutions and BCAA Members can earn 15% in CAA Dollars® on regularly priced rack products, accessories and installation.
- 1,250 cars: Hook them up with an Evo Car Share Membership. Right now, you can sign them up for free and start them off with 30 free minutes. Your loved one will have access to 1,250 Evos with parking, gas and insurance included. Sign them up now using code: VALENTINE and while you’re at it, if you’re a BCAA Member, you can also can sign up for a free Evo Membership and get 60 free minutes with code: BCAA2EVO
- BCAA protection & savings: You’re enjoying the protection and savings of a BCAA Membership but what about the loved ones in your household? Keep them safe and save them money as well by adding them to your plan as an Associate Member. And you’re in luck! For a limited time, you can save $20 on an Associate Membership – that’s up to 40% off!
Celebrate with a date
- Dining out can be a treat and gives you time to focus on each other because no one will have to watch the stove or wash the dishes. BCAA Members save at restaurants like Milestones and Montana’s.
- Whether it’s finally getting a chance to catch a movie or get some down time at a spa, it’s all about sharing an experience together. BCAA Members can save at Landmark Cinemas and Scandinave Spa in Whistler.
- Top your date off with coffee or dessert so you can recap your day. Get even more at Blenz Coffee, Marble Slab Creamery or Yogen Fruz when you show your Membership card!
Make it a stay-cay or getaway
- Take your Valentine’s Day celebrations to the next level by spending a night or the weekend in a relaxing hotel. Places such as Fairmont Hotel & Resorts, Sheraton Hotel & Resorts, Hyatt or Sparkling Hill Resort offer amazing experiences. Members can save on bookings or earn CAA Dollars®.
- Congratulations to the Fairmont Pacific Rim (Vancouver) for achieving a CAA/AAA Five Diamond Award! If you’re looking for a full out pampering for Valentine’s Day, Fairmont Pacific Rim’s luxury tower has a beautiful, innovative design and gorgeous rooms featuring a Pacific Northwest feel and spectacular views. See this year’s CAA/AAA Four and Five Diamond Award winners.