1. Have two vehicles? Take one off the road
If you have two vehicles in the household that aren't being driven daily, it may be worthwhile to take one vehicle off the road by cancelling coverage on it and setting up a storage policy while you or your family are driving less. Keep in mind with a storage policy, your vehicle must be parked on private property and you can't drive it under any circumstances. For more information about cancelling coverage and setting up a storage policy, talk to one of our expert advisors.
2. Explore your optional car insurance options
You might want to consider exploring all your options for optional car insurance. Simply get a quote and compare. You might be surprised at the lower rates. At BCAA, we give you two choices in optional car insurance so you can save, get better coverage, or both.
3. Increase your coverage deductible
Typically, the higher your deductible, the lower your premium is.
A deductible is a portion of insurance you agree to pay upfront if you need to make a claim. However, make sure if you get into an accident, you can accommodate the higher deductible selected.
4. Change your vehicle usage
If you’re working remotely or driving less, talk to one of our expert advisors about changing your vehicle usage during this time. Remember to tell us when you start driving regular distances again so we can ensure you have the proper coverage in place.
5. Ask about available discounts
You might qualify for discounts you’re not aware of. Simply ask us about any available discounts.
While all vehicle owners are required to have Basic Autoplan coverage through ICBC, you get a choice when it comes to optional car insurance. At BCAA, we sell our own brand of optional car insurance called BCAA Optional Car Insurance. Here are some ways you could maximize your savings with BCAA Optional Car Insurance:
- Save 10% as a BCAA Member (Not a Member? Become a Member and save 10% on BCAA Optional Car Insurance)
- Save $40 when you bundle BCAA Home Insurance & BCAA Optional Car Insurance
- Save 10% per vehicle when you insure two or more vehicles
- Save 5% for eco-friendly hybrid or electric vehicles
To learn more about ways to reduce your car insurance premiums or renew your car insurance, talk to one of BCAA’s expert advisors.