We’re now equipped to offer ICBC Autoplan by phone
Daily life might look a bit different right now, but we’re still here to help keep you moving. We’ve temporarily closed our Service Locations to walk-in visits, but the good news is we’re now temporarily equipped to offer many ICBC Autoplan insurance services by phone (1-888-268-2222) and email, Mon to Sat, 9am-5pm for:
- Policy changes
- Storage policies
- Temporary operating permits
- Transfer of ownership (transfer form)
- Out of province (registration checklist)
5 tips for a smooth renewal by phone
1. Have your insurance papers and supporting information ready
Before renewing your ICBC Autoplan by phone, make sure you have the following ready:
- Your insurance papers or your ICBC renewal notice
- Your BC driver’s license
- The BC driver’s license number and date of birth for each driver you want to add to your policy
- If you drive less than 5,000 km in a year, a picture of your current odometer reading
- If you’re setting up a new payment plan, an email of your preauthorized debit or VOID cheque is required
- You’ll also need access to your email during the call (more info on that below)
2. Request a call back for service
Call volumes are higher than usual, and ICBC Autoplan renewals can take a little longer over the phone. For service, you can submit a call back request and we’ll reach out to you within 2 business days to complete your ICBC Autoplan transaction. If your car insurance expiry date is within 4 business days, we will try to prioritize your call sooner.
3. Have access to email during the call
As part of the new ICBC Autoplan phone renewal process, you'll receive an email with your policy documents during the call. To complete your renewal transaction, you’ll be asked to review your policy documents and provide electronic approval of your policy by email. Your original policy documents and decal will then be mailed to you.
4. Know your payment options
You can pay for your ICBC Autoplan renewal by credit card or payment plan (for eligible new payment plans proof of payment is required).
Customers facing financial hardship due to COVID-19 also have the option to defer their monthly ICBC Autoplan payment(s) for up to 90 days. Apply for an ICBC Autoplan payment deferral online, by 6pm at least one business day before your next payment is due.
5. Explore your optional car insurance options
If you’re looking to save money, consider shopping around for your optional car insurance and explore your options. Simply get a quote and compare. You might be surprised at the lower rates. At BCAA, we give you two choices in optional car insurance so you can save, get better coverage, or both.
Get a BCAA Optional Car Insurance estimate online in minutes and compare, before renewing your ICBC Autoplan by phone.
Ready to renew your car insurance? Request a call back and we’ll get back to you to complete your ICBC Autoplan transaction or call us at 1-888-268-2222. To learn more about ICBC Autoplan transactions by phone check out our FAQs at bcaa.com/icbc
BCAA Optional Car Insurance is sold through BCAA Insurance Agency Ltd., a licenced insurance agent, and underwritten by CAA Insurance Company. Autoplan is sold by BCAA Insurance Agency Ltd, a licenced insurance agent, and underwritten by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.