stewards on your behalf
Notice of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
The BCAA Board of Directors gives notice that BCAA’s 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2020, at BCAA’s head office, 4567 Canada Way, Burnaby, B.C., for the following purposes:
- To receive and consider the financial statements of BCAA and its subsidiary companies for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2019, and the auditors’ reports thereon.
- To receive and consider the report to the Members.
- To approve the minutes of the March 7, 2019 Annual General Meeting.
- To consider and approve a resolution that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP be appointed auditors of BCAA and its subsidiary companies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020 and to authorize the directors to fix the auditors’ remuneration.
- To elect two Directors and re-elect three Directors.
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting, or any adjournment thereof.
All Members are invited to attend the 2020 Annual General Meeting and meet BCAA’s Board of Directors and senior leaders.
Election of DirectorsBased on recommendations from the Governance Committee, the Board has put forward the following individuals for re-election for the terms set out in brackets behind each nominee’s name. In accordance with the by-laws, since the number of nominees does not exceed the number of Directors to be elected, the nominees shall be considered elected by acclamation at the March 12, 2020 Annual General Meeting.
Nominee To Be Elected:
Nominee for Re-Election:
- Blaize Horner Reich (4-year term)
- Corey S. Naphtali (4-year term)
- Kevin McIntyre (2-year term)
Please visit the Leadership tab to find biographies of the current board, and visit the Governance tab to find more information about BCAA’s governance and board election process. Or you may write to the BCAA Corporate Secretary at 4567 Canada Way, Burnaby, B.C., V5G 4T1 or by email to: Corporate Secretary. For copies of the BCAA financial statements, please visit the Governance tab or log into “My Account”.
BCAA's Board of Directors is authorized to make most decisions for BCAA. However, the Societies Act, under which BCAA is governed, requires that certain matters be approved by BCAA Members. This year, one resolution (see above) requires a Membership vote.
How to vote
If you choose to attend the Annual General Meeting on March 12, 2020 in Burnaby, you may cast your vote there.
Dated as of January 31, 2020.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SVP, Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary on behalf of BCAA and its Board of Directors